2017 was another great year. We collected over $48,000.00 which allowed the Marines to give toys/gifts to over 19,000 children in Maine. Over the past 24 years we have collected over $562,000.00 which makes us one of the largest sponsors of the Marine Corps Reserves Toys For Tots Program in Maine. And a big Thank you to everyone who purchased the $25.00 gift cards that were donated to the Children’s Group Homes – we filled 100% of their requests again this year!
I would like to thank the committee members that generously donated their time to help make this such a successful fundraiser:
- David Montgomery, SHP Management
- Cathie Whitney, C&C Realty
- Sara LaBrecque, LaBrecque Property Mgmt.
- Katherine Bryant, Harbor Management
- Peter Levesque, Turbine Controls and Excitation Group
- Deb Shangraw, Emerald Management
- Suzanne Joyce, Norton/HUB Insurance
- Megan Christensen, Shalom House, Inc.
- Sharon Pray, SHP Management
- Kristin Allaire, Spear Management
Plus all those who generously donated and/or collected items for the live & silent auctions.
I would also like to recognize the “Red Hat” volunteers:
- Megan Christensen
- Lisa Davies
- Julie Ball
- Keith Budd
- Christine Knight
And our Auctioneer Jim Hennemenn and our DJ Jamie Freeman both of whom generously donated their time for the Event.
Also this year we expanded our Sponsorship and would like to thank the following for their generous donations:
- $5,000++ = Platinum and this year it was the Rosse Family Charitable Foundation ($7,000)
- $4,000-$4,999 = Gold and this year it was USI Insurance ($4,000)
- $3,000-$3,999 = Silver and this year it was Turbine Controls & Excitation Group ($3,000)
- $2,000-$2,999 = Bronze and this year was: Casco Systems ($2500) and Peter Levesque ($2000)
- ARS = $1,000.00
- The staff at Otis|Atwell = $600.00
- Restore Core, Inc. = $550.00
As well as everyone who attended and made a donation or purchased an auction item.
We sent out a questionnaire after the 2017 Event and the responses that came back suggested other locations to consider – Thompson’s Point, Portland Museum of Art, Ocean Gateway and Grace. Peter, Susan and I previewed them and found that between the cost of the facility, the cost to park as well as the difficulty finding parking, ease of access to the facility, and hiring an outside caterer these locations were not conducive to being able to donate the majority of what we collect to the Marines. The IHC donates the room cost so that all we pay for is the food and drinks.
2018 is our 25th Anniversary – Save the Date – November 30, 2018.